Value: £1 Million | Duration: 26 weeks
An impressive headquarters at Cambridge Research Park
Building 9000 is an impressive modern headquarter style building situated in a prominent location at the entrance to Cambridge Research Park. The building itself is self-constrained and arranged over three storeys, providing a mixture of both open plan and cellular office accommodation.
MES successfully carried out full CAT A fit out to the electrical services of approximate 65000 Square feet over a 26 week programme.
Our scope of works were to install all new electrical LV sub mains distribution, small power and lighting services and a new Fire Alarm System to L2 specification with disabled refuge points through Floors Ground – 2nd Floor and Roof. Most of the electrical services were installed either at high level within the ceiling voids on cable tray and compartmented basket or within three dedicated electrical services risers located one in the centre of the building and one at each end.
The new installation comprises of full mechanical and electrical services as follows:
- Installed new distribution equipment to each tenant and landlords areas
- Supplied and installed over 1000 600x600 LED ceiling recess modular light fittings throughout the ground, 1st and 2nd floor tenant office areas and supplemented some of the perimeter walls with additional down lights in the spirit of LG7. This installation was installed using twin and earth cabling laid on containment within the ceiling void. This was fed from respective east and west electrical risers and controlled by the specified CP electronic lighting control with daylight dimming to the 2 rows adjacent the windows
- Supplied and installed recess down lights to all toilet areas and wall mounted compact florescent lighting to all staircases, once again controlled via CP Electrics electronic control system. All areas switched via PIR detection from either ceiling mounted fully addressable LCM’s or hard wire modules.
- Fire alarm system we supplied, installed, tested and commissioned an open protocol system in line with the client specification L2. We also fitted, a beam detector at high level within reception along with void detection where required to each office space
- We supplied and installed over 600No ceiling mounted switched fused connection units throughout the ground, 1st and 2nd floor office areas fed from dedicated AC distribution Boards in the respective East and West risers giving the landlord the ability to sub-let the ground and 1st floors, these fed fan coil units within the office space